Infrared Photo Effect in Photoshop without Expensive Gear
In this Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 Tutorial, we look at how you can achieve a false color, infrared effect in Photoshop without the expensive gear!
Create an Infrared Photo Effect in Photoshop without Expensive Gear - You can create a false color infrared image inside of Photoshop for FREE with 3 easy layers.
- STEP 1 - Duplicate your background layer with CMD+J
- STEP 2 - Invert the colors of the duplicate layer by hitting CMD+I and changing the blend mode from "NORMAL" to "COLOR"
- STEP 3 - Add a Channel Mixer adjustment layer and swap the RED & BLUE channels.
- 3a) In the RED CHANNEL put RED to 0 and put BLUE to 100
- 3b) In the BLUE CHANNEL put BLUE to 0 and put RED to 100
- Optional STEP 4 - Add a HUE/SATURATION adjustment layer to tweak your colors further!
So go ahead and check out the vid below, and leave your comments in the comment section if you have any questions or requests!